Lodge Complaint

Ministry of External Affairs
Lodge Vigilance Complaint

  • Vigilance Complaints can be lodged with Joint Secretary (CNV & I) & Chief Vigilance Officer of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), by an employee of the Ministry of External Affairs/ general public/ vendor/ contractor, who has/ had dealings with any of the offices of the Ministry of External Affairs, Regional Passport Offices in India, Passport Seva Kendras attached to the Passport offices, Indian Diplomatic Missions/Posts abroad, and the autonomous bodies under the Ministry of External Affairs, viz., the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA), the Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries (RIS), and the Foreign Service Institute (FSI).
  • Vigilance Complaints are those that pertain to obtaining illegal gratification of any kind by corrupt means or by abusing official position, possession of assets disproportionate to known sources of income, misappropriation, forgery, cheating and other criminal offences.

Vigilance Complaints should be addressed to the CVO at the following address

  • Shri Amit Narang
    Joint Secretary (CNV & I) & Chief Vigilance Officer
    Ministry of External Affairs
    Address: Ministry of External Affairs, Room No. 163, South Block, New Delhi – 110011
    Tel: 00-91-11-23011357
    Fax: 00-91-11-23792285
  • Vigilance Complaints, which are anonymous/ pseudonymous, will not be acknowledged/ registered or acted upon in the Vigilance Unit and will be filed.
  • The complainant must provide full name, complete postal address, e-mail id and contact phone number(s) in her/ his Vigilance Complaint.
  • Vigilance Complaints must be brief and contain verifiable facts and factual details. It should not be vague or contain sweeping general statements/absurd allegations, in which case, complaints are liable to be just filed.
  • Complaints having vigilance angle, which are received by any other officer in the Ministry of External Affairs, are required to be forwarded to the CVO.
  • Since Ministry of External Affairs has implemented the Integrity Pact, complaints from vendors/contractors pertaining to their transactions with MEA, at or above the threshold value (presently Rs. 50 crores) may be referred to the CVO. MEA is in the process of appointing the Independent External Monitors (IEM) of the Ministry. Names of IEM, once finalised, would be placed on the website.

Lodging Vigilance Complaints Online

Complaints received through e-mail would be downloaded and printed and taken up for further action as above. Complaints received through e-mail, which do not have the name or complete postal address, will be treated as anonymous/ pseudonymous and filed.

Fields marked with * are required.
Name (Complaint Against) *
Designation/Post *
Ministry of External Affairs/Passport Office/Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General of India/ICCR/ICWA/RIS/FSI *
Details of the Vigilance Complaint *
Name of the Complainant *
Postal Address of Complainant *
Contact Phone Number of the Complainant *
Email *
Verification Code *
Verification Code