Consular Services

Bachelorhood/Single Status Certificate

Q: How can I get Bachelorhood/Single-Status Certificate?

A Certificate of bachelorhood/single-status/eligibility to get married can be issued by a competent court/ SDM having jurisdiction of the area of the residential address of the applicant. This can be in the form of a certificate/ affidavit notarized by SDM which is required to be counter-attested by the Home Department of the State concerned. Thereafter, it is to be attested/apostilled by the Attestation Section of the Consular, Passport & Visa (CPV) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.

Kindly note that the applications for attestations are to be submitted with the Outsourced agencies, for details please log on to