Consular, Passport and Visa Division Consular, Passport and Visa Division

Medical Treatment Abroad

Q: I intend to go abroad for medical treatment
  • What do I need to do for this purpose?
  • Does the Ministry of External Affairs provide any financial assistance for this purpose?
  • You have to apply for the Medical visa at concerned foreign Embassy/ Consulate located in India for the purpose of medical treatment abroad. Usually, you have to produce supporting documents while applying for a Medical visa. The procedure and the documents required may differ from country to country. Therefore you should check the details with the concerned foreign diplomatic mission.
  • MEA has no scheme for providing financial assistance for such cases.